By James Singleton
Create quick, scalable, and excessive functionality functions with C#, ASP.NET center 1.0, and MVC 6
About This Book
- Learn the significance of measuring, profiling, and finding the main impactful problems
- Discover the typical parts it's possible you'll come upon functionality difficulties and parts you don't want to fret about
- Understand the variations among improvement workstations and construction infrastructure and the way those can magnify problems
- Design workflows that run asynchronously and are resilient to brief functionality issues
Who This booklet Is For
This publication is for ASP.NET and C# builders who've adventure with the MVC framework for internet software improvement and want to install purposes that might practice good in stay creation environments. those will be digital machines or hosted by means of a cloud merchant equivalent to AWS or Azure.
What you are going to Learn
- Why functionality concerns and whilst it's going to be considered
- Use diverse instruments to degree performance
- Spot universal functionality concerns, their root factors, and the way to simply mitigate them
- Improve functionality on the community point and I/O point, and the way to optimize the applying as a whole
- Work with caching and message queuing instruments, together with styles and strategies
- Discover the darkish part of functionality development and tips to deal with complexity
- Monitor functionality as a part of non-stop integration and regression testing
- Assess and clear up functionality matters with different complicated technologies
ASP.NET center is the hot, open resource, and cross-platform, web-application framework from Microsoft. it is a stripped down model of ASP.NET that is light-weight and quick. This publication will aid you make your internet apps convey excessive functionality while utilizing it.
We'll handle many functionality development options from either a basic net viewpoint and from a C#, ASP.NET middle, and .NET center viewpoint. This contains delving into the most recent frameworks and demonstrating software program layout styles that enhance performance.
We will spotlight universal functionality pitfalls, that could frequently take place ignored on developer workstations, besides innovations to become aware of and get to the bottom of those concerns early. through knowing and addressing demanding situations prematurely, you could stay away from nasty surprises in terms of deployment time.
We will introduce functionality advancements besides the trade-offs that they entail. we'll strike a stability among untimely optimization and inefficient code through taking a systematic- and evidence-based strategy. we are going to stay pragmatic by way of targeting the large problems.
By examining this publication, you will examine what difficulties can take place whilst internet purposes are deployed at scale and know the way to prevent or mitigate those matters. you will achieve adventure of ways to write down high-performance purposes with no need to profit approximately matters the challenging way.
You'll see what is new in ASP.NET middle, why it has been rebuilt from the floor up, and what this suggests for functionality. you are going to know the way now you can boost on and install to home windows, Mac OS X, and Linux utilizing cross-platform instruments, similar to visible Studio Code.
Style and approach
Starting with a drill down into the nuts and bolts of assorted functionality parameters, you'll get an knowing of the ASP.NET MVC 6 framework with the aid of wealthy code-based examples that may equip you to construct hugely scalable and optimized applications.
Read or Download ASP.NET Core 1.0 High Performance PDF
Similar c# books
This C# delivering takes a distinct method of aid it stand out one of the a variety of . internet programming titles on hand. The structure is definitely fitted to builders that already comprehend the fundamentals of . web programming and need a pragmatic reference for numerous programming projects. every one bankruptcy comprises a short advent to the subject handy, through a couple of "recipes.
An ASP. web 2. zero e-book that simply is helping you get issues performed! This e-book encompasses a number of one zero one most sensible perform, item orientated suggestions so that you can simply adapt for your personal initiatives. assurance includes:Working with textual content, numbers, dates & instances having access to information with ADO. internet shape validation below a number of scenerios web page, consultation and alertness nation information entry keep watch over in internet purposes generating criteria compliant output bettering functions with AJAX operating with e mail dealing with blunders and debugging functionality suggestions and pitfalls and lots more and plenty extra!
Studying . web improvement is as a lot approximately knowing the performance of the . web Framework because it is ready the syntax and grammar of your preferred language. visible C# 2005 Recipes: A Problem-Solution method acknowledges this high-quality stability. This publication meets your want for speedy, potent recommendations to the problems you stumble upon on your coding tasks.
This certain 3rd variation is Scot Hillier's follow-up to his market-leading SharePoint e-book. the hot model contains large updates to the former variation, with an entire specialize in SharePoint 2007 and its integration with the 2007 Microsoft workplace process, in addition to new methods for utilizing SharePoint to enhance enterprise potency.
- .NET for Java Developers: Migrating to C#
- Programming WCF Services, 4th Edition: Design and Build Maintainable Service-Oriented Systems
- Microsoft C# language specifications
- ASP.NET Web API: Build RESTful web applications and services on the .NET framework
- ASP.NET Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution, C# Edition
Extra resources for ASP.NET Core 1.0 High Performance
6. NET. We'll cover these in more detail later on in this book. We talked about how the process of scaling systems has changed from what it used to be, how scaling is now performed horizontally instead of vertically, and how you can take advantage of this in the architecting of your code and systems. In the next chapter, we'll expand on this and show you how to measure your software to see whether it's slow. Chapter 2. Without measuring your application you won't know if it's performing well.
It's very useful to know what requests occur between the browsers and your servers. These are handy to view the web traffic and you can still see encrypted communications without messing about with certificates. If you know how to get the best out of them, then web development is much easier. This is particularly important for mobile devices.
SQL First off we will cover SQL related issues, so if you're not using a relational database then you can skip this bit, perhaps if you're using a NoSQL store or a document database instead. However, it is essential to have a basic knowledge of the SQL syntax and how databases work in order to use them effectively. It can be tempting when using an O/RM such as Entity Framework (EF) to ignore SQL and stay in a C# world, but a competent developer should be able to write a high performance SQL query.