By Marius S. Vassiliou, Visit Amazon's David S. Alberts Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, David S. Alberts, , Jonathan Russell Agre
Command and keep watch over (C2) is the set of organizational and technical attributes and strategies wherein an company marshals and employs human, actual, and knowledge assets to resolve difficulties and attain missions.C2 Re-envisioned: the way forward for the firm identifies 4 interrelated megatrends which are separately and jointly shaping the cutting-edge and perform of C2 in addition to the project demanding situations we are facing.
These megatrends the publication examines are:
- Big Problems ―manifested partly as expanding complexity of either endeavors and corporations, as army institutions shape coalitions with one another, and partnerships with a number of civilian enterprises and non-governmental companies
- Robustly Networked Environments―enabled by means of the super large availability of complex info and communications applied sciences (ICT) that position unheard of powers of knowledge construction, processing, and distribution within the palms of virtually someone who wishes them―friend and foe alike
- Ubiquitous Data―the unheard of volumes of uncooked and processed info with which human actors and C2 structures needs to contend
- Organizational alternatives―as decentralized, net-enabled ways to C2 were made extra possible by way of know-how.
The ebook analyzes old examples and experimental proof to figure out the severe components that make C2 get it wrong and the way to get it correct. profitable organisations sooner or later can be those who can reconfigure their methods in an agile demeanour. providing clean views in this topic of severe value, this ebook presents the certainty it is very important opt for your organizational ways to fit the venture and the stipulations at hand.
Read or Download C2 Re-envisioned : The Future of the Enterprise PDF
Best military technology books
Nice WWII e-book
Submarines in the course of conflict
Gunboat international relations 1919-1979: Political functions of restricted Naval strength
- Mig Kill Markings from the Vietnam War
- Naval Fast Strike Craft and Patrol Boats
- The Hawker P.1127 and Kestrel
- Electronics - A First Course
Extra info for C2 Re-envisioned : The Future of the Enterprise
Military network communications at the edge often involve more real-time collaboration and data sharing among groups of associated users and devices than in typical commercial applications, where centralization is more typically used to manage group network communications. There are good reasons for avoiding such strict central control and infrastructure in military systems. By doing so, one reduces the prevalence of “single points of failure” and also removes the necessity of installing infrastructure before starting an operation or doing “on the move” portions of a mission.
Simply put, those individuals and organizations that are resisting change are becoming maladapted for the world in which we live and must operate. In the next four chapters we will discuss and analyze each of the four megatrends in turn. 3 M eg atrend 1: B i g P roblems Why are traditional approaches to problem solving and organization increasingly leaving us wanting as we try to grapple with many of the problems we face? One of the reasons is that the problems we need to solve are actually becoming more challenging.
How are actions coordinated and synchronized? What is needed is an approach to the enterprise that transforms the parts into an effective and efficient whole. Less well recognized but also critical is the adoption of an approach by each participating entity that is designed with the collective enterprise in mind. 3 Dynamics and Time Pressure The dynamics of a situation affect the time pressure imposed on a response. The ability to respond in a timely manner depends on how * Moynihan (2009); see also Chapter 7, this volume.