By Kap Hwan Kim, Hans-Otto Günther
Since their creation within the Sixties bins characterize the traditional unit-load thought for foreign freight. box terminals basically function an interface among various modes of transportation, e.g. family rail or truck transportation and deep sea maritime delivery. major profits in productiveness may be completed via complicated terminal layouts, extra effective IT-support and more desirable logistics regulate software program structures, in addition to computerized transportation and dealing with apparatus. the first target of this publication is to mirror those demanding situations and to offer new insights and profitable options to operational difficulties of automatic box terminals and load structures. It contains reviews at the state-of-the-art, purposes of quantitative equipment, in addition to case experiences and simulation effects. Its contributions are written through prime specialists from academia and enterprise and tackle practitioners and researchers in logistics, transportation, and management.
Read or Download Container Terminals and Cargo Systems: Design, Operations Management, and Logistics Control Issues PDF
Best production & operations books
''Molecular reputation or biorecognition is the guts of all organic interactions. Originating from protein stretching experiments, dynamical strength spectroscopy enables the extraction of exact details at the unbinding technique of biomolecular complexes. it's turning into increasingly more very important in biochemical stories and is discovering wider purposes in components resembling biophysics and polymer technology.
The eu Patent procedure is dealing with significant demanding situations caused by an extension of patentable material resulting in progressively more patent functions. the ecu Patent workplace has replied with admirable flexibility, yet carrying on with technological swap and bigger significance ascribed to patents are resulting in lengthened exam sessions, emerging competition figures and altering behaviour of patent candidates.
These days, cooperating in Product improvement seems a dominant technique to decrease expenditures and dangers, to totally make the most of capacities, and to realize entry to missing wisdom resources. Oppat analyzes cooperations in Product improvement with a distinct concentrate on the automobile undefined. He seeks solutions to the query of ways wisdom move among concerned companions happens.
This booklet is targeted at the influence of ocean delivery logistics on international provide chains. it's the first publication completely devoted to the subject, linking the interplay of events alongside this chain, together with shippers, terminal operators and line providers. whereas ocean box delivery logistics has been significantly studied, there are lots of vital concerns that experience but to obtain the eye they deserve.
- Enterprise Resource Planning and Supply Chain Management: Functions, Business Processes and Software for Manufacturing Companies
- Causes of Supply Chain Disruptions: An Empirical Analysis in Cold Chains for Food and Pharmaceuticals
- Straight to the Bottom Line: An Executive's Roadmap to World Class Supply Management
- The Structure of Global Supply Chains
- Innovation, Market Archetypes and Outcome: An Integrated Framework
- Assessment of Carbon Footprint in Different Industrial Sectors, Volume 2
Additional resources for Container Terminals and Cargo Systems: Design, Operations Management, and Logistics Control Issues
2. 3. 4. 5. MTS/FTF with control and standard planning MTS/FTF with control and advanced planning AGV landside AGV waterside ALV Note that the MTS systems employ batching to improve the productivity of the driver in the FTF. As the FTF can be decoupled from the MTS, much less FTFs are needed than multi-trailers. As in this case the planning is important, we put a lot of work in developing both the standard planning and an advanced planning (described in “Kurstjens et al. 1996"). Although an advanced planning may also be interesting for AGVs, it was not developed primarily because vehicle dispatching rules are known to work quite well in stochastic circumstances; see Le Anh (2005).
The number of AGVs in the combined configuration, as expected, is between the two extreme cases. The security scan requires almost 20% more ITT AGVs. For the combined configuration, two values of the stack-preference-factor were tested. It appears that the resulting AGV needs for both values are nearly equal, indicating that the total AGV need has leveled out. 0 requires “just in time” transportation of containers between the marine terminal and the proper inland modality. Table 7 shows the stack content for two different stack-preference-factors.
MTS FTF # FTF, # MTS MTS FTF # FTF, # MTS 130 130 120 120 110 110 100 100 90 90 80 80 70 70 60 60 50 50 40 40 30 30 20 20 10 10 0 0 0 24 48 72 96 120 144 168 0 24 48 Time 72 96 120 144 168 Time Utilisation of vehicles (FTFs and MTSs), with adv. planning Utilisation of vehicles, without adv. planning 42 42 38 38 # FTFs # FTFs 34 18 20 22 24 30 30 26 26 22 130 16 18 20 22 24 34 140 150 160 170 180 190 # MTSs Waiting queues of MTSs to be unloaded, with adv. planning 22 130 140 150 160 170 180 190 # MTSs Waiting queues of MTSs to be unloaded, without adv.