By S. Halilov (auth.), Dr. David J. Singh, Dr. Dimitrios A. Papaconstantopoulos (eds.)
Recent advancements in digital constitution concept have resulted in a brand new figuring out of magnetic fabrics on the microscopic point. this permits a really first-principles method of investigations of technologically vital magnetic fabrics. between those advances were functional schemes for dealing with non-collinear magnetic structures, together with relativity, knowing of the origins and position of orbital magnetism inside band constitution formalisms, density practical ways for magnons and low-lying spin excitations, realizing of the interaction of orbital, spin and lattice orderings in complicated oxides, shipping theories for layered structures, and the idea of magnetic interactions in doped semiconductors. The ebook covers those fresh advancements with overview articles through a number of the major originators of those advances.
Read Online or Download Electronic Structure and Magnetism of Complex Materials PDF
Similar magnetism books
In my ongoing overview of the literature during this topic region, I had this publication pulled by way of the library. enable me get the dangers of this evaluate out of ways first. The writing type in actual fact means that the e-book can have been collated from path lecture notes and fabric. In lectures, fabric is gifted as part of a lecture, with loads of spoken phrases so as to add rationalization and feeling to densely written notes.
Magnetism and constitution in practical fabrics addresses 3 designated yet similar subject matters: (i) magnetoelastic fabrics equivalent to magnetic martensites and magnetic form reminiscence alloys, (ii) the magnetocaloric impression regarding magnetostructural transitions, and (iii) enormous magnetoresistance (CMR) and comparable manganites.
The physics of strongly interacting topic in an exterior magnetic box is almost immediately rising as a subject matter of serious cross-disciplinary curiosity for particle, nuclear, astro- and condensed subject physicists. it truly is identified that powerful magnetic fields are created in heavy ion collisions, an perception that has made it attainable to review a number of excellent and interesting phenomena that emerge from the interaction of quantum anomalies, the topology of non-Abelian gauge fields, and the magnetic box.
Quantity 19 of team III (Crystal and good nation Physics) offers with the magnetic houses of metals, alloys and metal compounds. the volume of data on hand during this box is so colossal that numerous subvolumes are had to conceal all of it. Subvolumes III/19a via III/19f deal with the intrinsic magnetic homes, i.
- Molecular magnetic materials: concepts and applications
- Magnetic Memory: Fundamentals and Technology
- Inner Magnetosphere Interactions: New Perspectives from Imaging
- Modern Magnetic Materials: Principles and Applications
Extra info for Electronic Structure and Magnetism of Complex Materials
24. The magnon spectrum of Er: Upper panel - calculated spectrum for the conical magnetic ground state. Lower panel - the calculated and experimental  dispersion along the (OOq)-direction in the double-zone is shown 48 S. Halilov 2 >' ! , ~ """ MK r A L H A Fig. 25. Theoretical magnon spectrum of Tm, ferromagnetic phase adjustment of the crystal-field anisotropy, which appears as ascale factor in the dispersion relation. 73) is not complete and the two-ion anisotropy terms, not included in the present treatment, could improve the situation.
3. Magnetocrystalline anisotropy parameters ~lm (theoretical  and experimental ) in the common spherical harmonics notation. m == s + S + L stands for the total momentum per atom (meV/atom) 60 m2 exp. Tb Dy Ho Er Tm theor. ~4om4 exp. 74 theor. 100 x ~6om6 exp. ~66m6 exp. 95 theor. 3 18 9 -31 theor. 29 within the DFT approach. The latter demands an independent calculation by means of at least a fuII-potential code. Where possible, we used available experimental data for the crystal-field parameters , otherwise the values reported in [85J were used.
In the case of the lanthanide group, the huge intrasite exchange of the shielded 4f electrons of the order of 5 eV lifts up the degeneracy in spin, and assisted by the SOl lifts up the degeneracy in the azimuthaI numbers, thus producing a considerable orbital moment. At the same time, the 4f-electron exchange field causes the outershell conduction electrons to become spin-polarized. Therefore, the low-energy moment dynamics of the REMs may be viewed as a kind of fusion between the localized 4f-projected spin and orbital moments and the nickel-type itinerant magnetic electrons.