By Cheong Ching, Hung-Yee Ching
* China's Commitments on Accession to the WTO: * China: Adapting to the WTO exchange Regime * Commitments Made via China on alternate in items * China's Commitments on alternate in prone * China's Commitments in Trade-Related highbrow estate Regime * China and WTO Dispute cost Mechanism * affects of WTO Accession on China: * financial affects of WTO club * Socio-Political affects * Agriculture * impression on China's commercial corporations: A photo * gentle Industries * Heavy Industries * details know-how items and Telecom companies * monetary prone * Distribution, Transportation & Logistics and Tourism * the pro companies and precis of All prone Sectors * the 1st US Congressional overview of China's Commitments, October, 2002
Read Online or Download Handbook on China's WTO Accession and Its Impacts PDF
Best economic policy & development books
This booklet offers an summary of the adjustments caused in 3rd global international locations because the finish of the chilly battle. the topics selected via the editors--economics, politics, security--are commonly interpreted to be able to surround the foremost components of swap between 3rd global international locations. The local case-studies--Asia-Pacific, Latin the US, South Asia, Africa, the center East--were chosen to convey out either the topics and the variety of expertise.
For a few years, Dr Irwin Stelzer, the industrial commentator and journalist, has been stimulating audiences around the globe with lectures on various fiscal subject matters. during this quantity, the IEA reprints revised types of twelve lectures in 3 parts the place Dr Stelzer is said as a professional - pageant coverage and the shape it may take; the right kind position of law in aggressive and monopolised markets; and the content material of power and environmental guidelines.
Briefly, the 24 chosen and consultant articles written in English through the writer over the last 30-odd years, quite often released in foreign prime journals and now accumulated and compiled during this monograph, should be deemed the goods of foreign educational debates. They checklist, mirror and embrace the author’s own perspectives on a few modern uncomplicated matters in foreign monetary legislation & the overseas fiscal order.
- North Sea Oil in the Future: Economic Analysis and Government Policy
- Negotiating Trade: Developing Countries in the WTO and NAFTA
- Tourism: Politics and Public Sector Management
- Cultural Goods and the Limits of the Market
- The new New Deal : the hidden story of change in the Obama era
- The Libyan Economy: Economic Diversification and International Repositioning
Extra resources for Handbook on China's WTO Accession and Its Impacts
These principles also apply to services and intellectual property. They include: 1. The trading system should be without discrimination. A country should not discriminate between its trading partners, who are all, equally, granted the "most-favoured-nation" or MFN status; and it should not discriminate between its own and foreign products, services or nationals (they are given "national treatment"). 2. Freer trade is encouraged, with barriers gradually coming down through negotiations. Lowering trade barriers is one of the most obvious means of encouraging trade.
O PQ B. Import Regulations (Protocol Ref: S2(C), S7(l)(2)(4), S8, Sll(l),(2)(4), Annex 2, Annex 3, Annex 8) Bl. Ordinary Customs Duties The applicable WTO provision is Article XXVIII bis of GATT1994 on Tariff Negotiations. Contracting parties [became 'Members' upon the establishment of WTO—see note 16 of Chapter 1, same below] recognize that customs duties often constitute obstacles to trade. Negotiations that are directed to the substantial reduction of the general level of tariffs and other charges on imports and exports and in particular, to the reduction of high tariffs are of great importance to the expansion of international trade.
Upon accession, China would eliminate for both Chinese and foreign-invested enterprises any export performance, trade balancing, foreign exchange balancing and prior experience requirements, such as in importing and exporting, as criteria for obtaining or maintaining the right to import and export; 2. Wholly Chinese-invested enterprises are now required to apply for trading rights based on their approved scope of business, as with their foreign counterparts which had been subject to this requirement.