By W. Vlcek
One course in the direction of improvement taken by way of a couple of small jurisdictions is the institution of an offshore monetary centre. this article analyses the particular financial contribution for a number of small Caribbean economies and the impression to persisted operation bobbing up from a global initiative for the trade of taxpayer info.
Read Online or Download Offshore Finance and Small States: Sovereignty, Size and Money (International Political Economy) PDF
Best banks & banking books
This ebook is the tale of ways 4 busy executives, from diversified backgrounds and diverse views, have been shocked to discover themselves converging at the notion of narrative as an awfully worthy lens for knowing and coping with corporations within the twenty-first century. the concept that narrative and storytelling might be so strong a device on the planet of corporations was once at first counter-intuitive.
The Evolution of imperative Banks employs quite a lot of old facts and reassesses present financial research to argue that the improvement of non-profit-maximizing and noncompetitive significant banks to oversee and keep watch over the industrial banking approach fulfils an important and traditional functionality.
All over the world, a revolution is going on in finance for low-income humans. The microfinance revolution is providing monetary companies to the economically energetic terrible on a wide scale via competing, financially self-sufficient associations. In a couple of international locations this has already occurred; in others it really is below approach.
The Silver Bomb isn't really a ebook approximately a few predictive monetary philosophy, yet particularly a frank, no-excuses glimpse on the present country of items, and a good, candid, examine logical results. The prestidigitations of crucial banking, that have till lately been protected from scrutiny through a cloak of pro-banking cultural bias, are laid naked inside of those pages.
- Singapore as an International Financial Centre: History, Policy and Politics
- Open Market Operations and Financial Markets
- Ashgate The World Of Private Banking
- Invested Interests: Capital, Culture, and the World Bank
- Genial einfach entscheiden: Besser denken, handeln und investieren im täglichen Entscheidungsdschungel
- Handbook of Financial Intermediation and Banking
Extra info for Offshore Finance and Small States: Sovereignty, Size and Money (International Political Economy)
As already mentioned and widely noted in the literature on postcolonial states, self-determination, and nationalism, many new states are not homogenous territories, in part because of uti possidetis (Ratner, 1996). These former colonies came to sovereign status with preexisting internal problems of nationalism and self-determination (along with secessionist and recidivist demands). The partition of the Subcontinent into India and Pakistan for example, did not resolve such problems there, as East Pakistan became Bangladesh in 1971, and the Kashmir province remains a flashpoint between India and Pakistan.
28) In other words, even though no concrete and indisputable evidence of tax evasion exists, the tax administration continues to believe that the intention of the transaction was to avoid paying tax. Therefore, it must demonstrate that the evidence available is sufficient to imply that the underlying intention in the mind of the taxpayer was tax avoidance. ’ (Bacchetta and Espinosa, 1995: p. 104) Because of the very nature of tax avoidance and tax evasion, an accurate assessment of the extent and prevalence of these activities continues to be difficult.
This fact introduces an additional dynamic to the debate on harmful tax competition, as the administering state becomes a participant in efforts to constrain OFCs. Furthermore, the administering state may have competing and conflicting interests within the debate on taxation, as in the case of the United Kingdom which is a member of the European Union, a member of the Commonwealth, and the administering state for a number of jurisdictions (Clegg, 2006). Even though the emphasis here is on those jurisdictions possessing sovereign status, and treated as sovereign states within the international system, nonetheless the non-self-governing jurisdictions must be discussed with the context of offshore finance and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) project against tax competition because they include prominent participants.