By Peacock C.
Read Online or Download USB in a nutshell.Making sense of the USB standard PDF
Similar technique books
Each web page of ShopNotes journal will make you a greater woodworker, since you get extra woodworking plans, extra woodworking suggestions, extra woodworking jigs, and extra approximately woodworking instruments — and never a unmarried advert. For greater than 25 years, woodworkers have grew to become to ShopNotes for the main distinctive woodworking plans and woodworking advice to be had at any place.
Thoroughly revised and up to date, Encyclopedia of Environmental technological know-how and Engineering, 5th variation spans the total spectrum of environmental technology and engineering. nonetheless the main finished, authoritative reference to be had during this box, the enormous two-volume encyclopedia has accelerated to incorporate 87 articles on subject matters starting from acid rain, pollution, and group wellbeing and fitness, to environmental legislation, instrumentation, modeling, substitute strength, toxicology, radioactive waste, and water remedy.
Honoring the deceased participants and international affiliates of the nationwide Academy of Engineering, this quantity is a permanent list of the various contributions of engineering to humankind. This moment quantity of Memorial Tributes covers the interval from January 1979 to April 1984.
- HVAC Design Using VANTAGE PDMS
- Engineering Societies in the Agents World IX: 9th International Workshop, ESAW 2008, Saint-Etienne, France, September 24-26, 2008, Revised Selected Papers
- Software Engineering Environments: International Workshop on Environments Chinon, France, September 18–20, 1989 Proceedings
- US Army medical course - Electrical Safety - MD0356
- Private Capital Inflows to the Caribbean, China and India: Trends, Assessments and Determinaits
- Modeling of the Surface Deposition and Thermal Treatment of Plain Liquids, Melts And Nanoparticle Inks Multiscaled/Multiphase Phenomena and Engineering Applications
Additional resources for USB in a nutshell.Making sense of the USB standard
6. The host asks for the entire 18 bytes of the Device Descriptor. 7. It then asks for 9 bytes of the Configuration Descriptor to determine the overall size. 8. The host asks for 255 bytes of the Configuration Descriptor. 9. Host asks for any String Descriptors if they were specified. At the end of Step 9, Windows will ask for a driver for your device. It is then common to see it request all the descriptors again before it issues a Set Configuration request. The above enumeration process is common to Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 98 SE.
A common Windows enumeration involves the following steps, 1. The host or hub detects the connection of a new device via the device's pull up resistors on the data pair. The host waits for at least 100ms allowing for the plug to be inserted fully and for power to stabilise on the device. 2. Host issues a reset placing the device is the default state. The device may now respond to the default address zero. 3. The MS Windows host asks for the first 64 bytes of the Device Descriptor. 4. After receiving the first 8 bytes of the Device Descriptor, it immediately issues another bus reset.
Normally when something is wrong with a descriptor or how it is being sent, the host will attempt to read it three times with long pauses in between requests. After the third attempt, the host gives up reporting an error with your device.